Choosing an NLP training provider can be bewildering because there are so many companies now offering NLP. You need to be assured that you will be attending the best training for you personally.
INLPTA – Professional association maintaining high standards of NLP The International Neuro-Linguistic Programming Trainer’s Association (INLPTA) is the only worldwide association which independently measures the results of its Members’ NLP training. Training with an INLPTA certified trainer is a good indication that you are training with someone who is committed to high standards. Member organisations are committed to providing the thorough full-length, full-syllabus 130 hour Practitioner Certification training programme. As an accredited INLPTA training provider Cognisant training have put together some information to help you make the right choice.
Seven key questions and answers
1. How long are the workshops? Our Practitioner course is a full 16 days of face to face tuition. The INLPTA recommended requirement for Practitioner Certification Programme is a minimum of 15 days or 130 hours of attendance at a workshop and with a Certified NLP Trainer. A number of training companies offer ‘fast track’ 7 day course however, if you want quality rather than a quick fix, then be prepared to invest more time.
2. Class size – How many people attend the training courses? Our class sizes are small with just a maximum of 12 people. This allows a higher degree of trainer/learner ratio, is friendlier, less inhibiting and encourages more time for practice and question time.
3. What is the style/format of the NLP training Training is run at weekends and a few week days over a period of months to enable learners time to absorb and practice techniques away from the class room.
4. What experience does the trainer have? Ian Thomas is the lead trainer for the NLP accreditation courses. Ian is a qualified Hypnotherapist, NLP Master Practitioner and Trainer. Ian completed his NLP training with with Tom Mackay, Wyatt Woodsmall (the first person in NLP ever certified as a Master Trainer and the only person in NLP certified as both a Master Trainer and Master Modeler) and Dr Suzy Strang. Ian runs his own successful practice and works with individuals and organisations to create lasting change.
5. What can I do with a Diploma in NLP? You can use NLP techniques for personal development and growth. Certification enables eligibility for Associate Membership of the ANLP. Diploma hours can be can count towards Practitioner hours.
6. What can I do with the Practitioner qualification? Practitioners may use NLP techniques for business or personal development and counselling. Certificate entitles them to Graduate membership of INLPTA and Professional Membership of ANLP.
7. What is the support after the main training is over? You will have access to the trainer by telephone and email and in addition we offer regular ongoing peer support groups.